View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 09:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My current dosage is 1mg. I've taken it almost daily for two weeks. I tried to not take it for 3 nights in a row and all 3 nights I woke up after only a couple hours sweating badly, restless, feeling very tired, but wide awake. I was forced to take the meds to get back to sleep. It makes me feel like my body has already become addicted to it after only a couple weeks. The first night I should actually add that I didn't take it at all. I just suffered through not sleeping and the symptoms I described. But the next day despite being extremely tired I did feel like my headache and dizziness was better. That's why I tried to not take it the next two nights too but like I said my body just seems to need it now. It's hard to say if it's now the pcs or my body needing this drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyT View Post
It's definitely best to avoid all meds if possible but I would venture to say that constantly switching medications and not sleeping properly are the worst things you can do to an injured brain. If the clonazepam helps with sleeping and you can't find any other way to sleep don't be afraid to use it. Benzos are not the best option but they can make the process a little more barable until you find something more suitable.

What dose of clonazepam and how often are you taking it?

I take lorazepam at night to help with sleep. I would not recommend it but not sleeping is worse than taking a low dose Benzo to get a full nights sleep, in my opinion.

It should be noted that I want to discontinue the lorazepam ASAP due to negative consequences associated with long term use. Unfortunately, I was on the medication before the injury and I doubt that going through the withdrawal now would be a prudent thing to do.

You really have to weigh the benefits to the possible risks as with any medicstion use.
Sportsaddict is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote