View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 10:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJOsborne View Post
Hey Bryanna,
Thanks for the reply. Good question! I have had two dentists over the past 30 years - believe majority of the root canals were done by 1st dentist. Each tooth done was sensitive & causing pain. My parents both had dentures. Maybe it's just bad teeth? or from grinding? I really don't know - perhaps this was just what dentists did at the time when a patient complained of pain. I understand now that not all dentists rush into root canals now. I have not had a root canal done twice.

The eyetooth bothering me now has a very long root. I remember 10 years ago my dentist started the root canal but ended up sending me straight over to endodontist to complete it same day. It's been kinda "twinging" over the past four years. The shooting pain started October 2014 before we were heading out on a trip. My dentist sent me off with pain meds & antibiotics saying I should probably have the wisdom tooth removed (before I get too old). But it really doesn't feel like the wisdom tooth which is nicely encased & hasn't moved. Only eyetooth with pain just above it going into sinus is bothering me. Sometimes a burning going along check to end of jaw.
Again, thanks for taking time to answer this.
NJ
Hi Bryanna,
I've been reading through & following some of the other posts on this board as well as your replies. Wondering if my situation is similar in that maybe my pain is caused by bacteria/infection in the root canal which is now passing into bone and sinus.
I have a ct scan scheduled for Aug. 18 (& hopefully moving this up if any cancellations available). I am encouraged that my ENT doctor (the 2nd one I've been to) wants to investigate & do further tests in an attempt to find out what problem is. Altho after reading about what some of what my fellow forum posters are going thru I must admit I'm getting a little concerned about what may be found. But will just have to deal with whatever it is.
Thanks,
NJ
NJOsborne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote