View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 11:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
I had low b-12 @119 and took oral supplement plus monthly injections until my numbers got above 900. Plus if you didn't stop supplementation prior to testing, your actual numbers may lower than what is indicated. You have quite a lot going on and if you can get your b-12 above 400 you might be a little better in the fatique area. The vegan diet exposes you to this deficiency and it is surprising to me that your GP isn't aggressively addressing this. If you haven't, search b-12 deficiency and there is quite a list of symptoms. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
Thanks, the B12 deficiency (99pmol/L) was more than 15 years ago, it was before being vegan. I took high dosage of sublingual B12 till the blood levels were above 700. Later the levels dropped to ~200-300, I took B12 again to raise it, and it dropped again and so forth. One of the doctors recommended to constantly take low dosage 100mcg even when the B12 blood levels were in the range. Since then my B12 blood levels were usually about 300-450. The last time I checked was a year ago 467.
Is it recommended to take higher dosage in SFN ?

I understand that all of these results are probably inaccurate because I haven’t stopped the supplements. Next time I will stop supplementation prior to testing (although many doctors told me not to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Did you have a lip biopsy as part of your Sjogren's work-up? If not, you should. Keep in mind, if your testing was done AFTER receiving Rituxan and Prednisone, then results could be skewed by these drugs.
Thanks, I had a lip biopsy many years before the chemotherapy, it showed mild chronic inflammation not indicative for Sjogren. SS-A, SS-B were (and still are) negative.
stillHoping is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote