View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Deja, I have many photos in my 3 albums of birds, that I have taken...Have you looked there?

Today right below my window was a lot of movement and I stood up and looked down, and Mr. Goldfinch was working on a catnip plant that is currently blooming. I have a few shots of that, but they are still in the camera. He was about 10 inches from the window pane!

We used to be upNorth during this time of year, so I have not seen the finches doing all these interesting things.

Thanks for the compliments too! I have alot of fun photographing all these bird behaviors.

Your robin comments are welcome here. Our robins will mob our cat, Weezie as she stalks around the nests. Twice she has gone for a fledgling, and you'd be amazed at the bird mob that created. All the birds swarmed together--robins, jays, chickadees, titmice, sparrows. The first mob was 2 yrs ago when Weez was young...she ran up the hill from the creek with a young robin in her mouth with the army of birds swarming her. I saw this as I was on the back porch. She was totally afraid and didn't know what to do. I took the robin from her and put him in a yew bush nearby at the top so she could not get him, again.

This year she had a small mob too, but it was much less dramatic. Weez doesn't kill or eat her catches. She does kill mice and shrews sometimes, but not always. The robins around here are very quiet all of a sudden...maybe have moved on?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-30-2015), EnglishDave (07-30-2015), kiwi33 (07-31-2015), Lara (07-30-2015)