View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 03:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My biggest problem is I am in a place where TOS familiar PTs are next to impossible to find. The handful of PTs I have met who are empathetic are so overworked its next to impossible to get time with them. Others, can't help.

I am doing everything on my own, basically with the help of folks like you to provide tips.

Since serratus is already weak, the problem is that rhomboids are probably already strong and overdominant. Antagonists being strong would further weaken the serratus effect. Also, we want to improve our upward rotators. Rhomboids are downward rotators and adductors if I remember correctly.

My other idea is to strengthen the rotator cuff - infraspinatus, supra, teres minor and subscapularis. Guess being that it would take some of the load off the upper trap and levator.

My guess is that more upper trap and levator get overworked worse it is is for us, since they drag on the delicate cervical spine and irritate the structures all of which seem to have nerve endings.

On the other hand, I wonder if strenghtening the upper trap is required if the serratus continues to misfire and is weak.

One thing I have learnt (and I KEEP FORGETTING) is that i shouldnt read/sleep with my head propped up on a pillow, moment i do so my hands start burning up. I wonder whether that is because scalenes activate causing scapular instability or because the neck flexes forward too hard because deep flexors are weak compressing the cervical roots themselves.

I also have a disc bulge at C6-C7 but doctors tell me that is not the issue.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote