View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 03:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

One of my friends, who is also a trainee psychologist, is heavily leaning (like a fallen tree) towards the opinion that these after effects may be more related to anxiety/depression (I've suffered from this once before, badly, it screwed up my mind - big time. I recovered, but it took a LOT of time and even more effort).

I was feeling a bit off / depressed the few weeks leading up to being repeatedly hit in the head. I dunno though, partly because of all the stories you hear about ex footballers/hockey players/boxers suffering from depression after head injuries and.... (I admit I've googled myself into paranoia)

along with my half brain functionality right now, other things I've noticed that I don't normally associate with anxiety/depression

- difficulty touch typing
- much slowed hair / beard growth / feeling weak in the gym / etc (suggests pituitary gland damage - or anxiety-driven paranoia)
- I occasionally catch the floor with the soles of my feet when walking, as if my gait has been slightly affected. I was unaware of this before - damage to brain? Again could be more paranoia

I am so confused right now...

partly because the very thing that I use to make sense of everything is the very thing that is currently not working as well as normal. I can't see the wood for the trees and I've no idea how far into the wood I actually am, how big the wood is or whether this wood stretches on for infinity.

Short term, work have today advised me to go back to half day working only, I am also now looking to avoid alcohol and intensive training sessions at the gym.

In the meantime, I will continue with the supplements, minus the dopamine/acetylcholine boosters (because they may now be fuelling my anxiety/paranoia) and fish oil (which repeats on me like a parrot on speed).
Ady_P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote