15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Wink Chicken a la Chemar

Ingredients For Chicken a la Chemar:

2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts or tenderloins
butter (1/2 stick=4 tblsp)
sesame seeds and oil (seeds to coat chicken and a few drops of oil)
Wonder Flour (enough for a light coat on chicken)

The Sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Mirin or sweet sherry
1/2 cup soft dark brown sugar
1+ tblsp ginger (fresh chopped or powder or paste) (add more or less acc to taste)
2+ cloves chopped garlic
2 bunches chopped scallions (green aka spring onions, bulbs and stems, remove roots and about 2 inches of stem tips)

Method:

Combine together all sauce ingredients (reserving half of the scallions for later) and let stand on the side. Be sure to keep stirring till all sugar is fully dissolved in the mixture. (I stir periodically while I am doing the rest)

Melt butter in ovenproof glass dish at 350deg (I use a lasagna dish)
Coat chicken lightly with flour and sesame seeds
add about 12 drops of sesame oil to the melted butter and mix together and then add chicken, coating both sides with the butter blend. I usually sprinkle a little flour and extra sesame seeds at this point and then return to oven at 400 deg.

When tops of chicken are brown, turn over each piece and then return to oven to brown more. This is usually around 10-15 min per side in my oven

Stir sauce mix and evenly pour over chicken and return to oven at 400 deg for 10-15 min min and then turn chicken over. Back to oven for about another 10-15 min (I usually give each side of chicken about 2 minutes under the broiler as my kids like that extra "brown" added) and it should be all done to enjoy with steamed rice, green beans or broccoli and carrots and a yummy side salad. Oh yes, sprinkle the remaining uncooked scallions on before serving the chicken.

ps My children love Japanese food, as do my husband and I, and so I came up with this when they asked me to make them one of their Japanese favorites, Chicken Yakitori. I tweaked things here and there to suit our tastebuds. If you prefer it less sweet just reduce the sugar and mirin/sherry a little or up the soy sauce Mirin is sweet sake/rice wine )

Enjoy!

C

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by Chemar; 06-22-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: adding for clarification
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (01-28-2008), Koala77 (01-28-2008)