View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 04:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Has Your Stomach Ever Healed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiix View Post
I have gone that route. About 6 years ago it started and went to a Dr. Park , a gastroenterologist, who told me I needed a colonoscopy. I had one and he just ignored me after that. I do have pictures of the inside of my stomach, it looks terrible. He gave me something for nausea for a very short while then nothing.

I have been suffering ever since. I take Zantac, which helps a little and anti-motion sickness pills and Tylenol for the pain. It helps for a few hours, time that I sleep. Some days I sleep all day, some days most of the day and I still sleep a night. The zantac and anti motion pills make me very drowsy.

I am having a bad spell right now, been going on for about a week. I hope it lets up soon. I have to go and get some food.
I am concerned when you describe your original stomach pictures --taken 6 years ago -- and you describe your ongoing symptoms. Have you had follow-up and has your stomach healed from this during these 6 years?

It's possible you eat foods which upset your stomach. Have you tried keeping a food diary to look for correlations between food intake and symptoms?

While I use digestive enzymes, I am very reticent to suggest them to anyone with such an irritated stomach -- as per the pictures you have mentioned. Please be careful of what you put in your stomach until you know the condition of your stomach.

I feel it's very important to get some specialty follow-up to determine the status of your stomach lining now, 6 years later of continued upsets.

If something helps your gastritis temporarily, fine. Yet, please seek a gastroenterology follow-up.

You might also research the "SCD Lifestyle." This stands for "Specific Carbohydrate Lifestyle." Many people have great luck with learning and adhering to this regimen. Take a look for yourself and see if it's for you?

Temporary relief may also include simethicone, which is available as "Gas-X," etc. See: http://www.medicinenet.com/simethicone/article.htm

You might also research apple cider vinegar and digestion. Some people swear the addition of ACV has helped them tremendously.

Please do see a gastroenterologist for updated follow-up. You want to be sure of the current physical status of your stomach (the pictures you have mentioned, your description of them, makes it sound like something quite serious was going on at last check-up.)

To Our Healing,
DejaVu

Last edited by DejaVu; 07-30-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typo
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (07-30-2015)