View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi NJ,

I feel bad telling you this because you have so many rc teeth. But the fact is that there is no question that the rc tooth is harboring infectious bacteria. Unfortunately, all rc teeth harbor this because the dentin tubules cannot be cleaned out during the rc procedure. Therefore they contain necrotic nerve tissue which becomes inflamed and bacteria sets in. Not all rc teeth show symptoms of an infection at the onset.... but more often after the bacteria has moved beyond the tooth. Which is what many posters on this forum talk about.

It is important to have a dental 3D scan done not just a routine cat scan.

ENT drs are usually familiar with the correlation between rc teeth and the sinus. Just be sure it is the proper CT scan going to be done.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going or if you have more questions.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJOsborne View Post
Hi Bryanna,
I've been reading through & following some of the other posts on this board as well as your replies. Wondering if my situation is similar in that maybe my pain is caused by bacteria/infection in the root canal which is now passing into bone and sinus.
I have a ct scan scheduled for Aug. 18 (& hopefully moving this up if any cancellations available). I am encouraged that my ENT doctor (the 2nd one I've been to) wants to investigate & do further tests in an attempt to find out what problem is. Altho after reading about what some of what my fellow forum posters are going thru I must admit I'm getting a little concerned about what may be found. But will just have to deal with whatever it is.
Thanks,
NJ

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote