View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revnice View Post
Ragtop:

Thanks! The cause was first thought to be alcohol. I do drink, but only to excess and only after 9:00 am so I didn't really believe it. Later on it was discovered that I had T2 diabetes and I was 90 days from blindness and death.

So diabetes is now thought to be the cause. I can't lift groceries, do the foxtrot or toss the caber, I walk in a mysterious way and I have to sleep with my orthopedic, birth-control shoes on. My gymnastics career is probably in doubt. It's starting to get me down.

I'm in the desert in Mexico, if there was such a thing as a pain management facility, they'd probably prescribe Tequila. I've read that I should take aspirin or ibuprofen but nobody mentions morphine.

Thanks for the response, I'll continue my descent into complete misery while reading the forum.
While I really do appreciate your sense of humor, I am a little confused. If you are seriously saying between the lines that your ability to deal with this pain on your own is wearing thin, I will tell you that some of us here are on morphine, or similar medication, often combined with gabapentin. It is not that unusual. It is unusual to combine Lyrica and gabapentin as they are similar drugs.

Ibuprofen can help with inflammation and muscle pain caused by arthritis or neuropathy induced muscle wastage, but it is not likely to touch neuropathic pain.

Finding the right combination of pain medication can make all the difference between dreading each day and finding enough comfort to still have some decent quality of life.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-30-2015), Lukesmom (07-31-2015)