View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I checked out everything I could find and went to the derm. He said it is levido, but can't figure out what is causing it in all of us. There is no itchiness or lesions. It is below the skin, so its not really like a regular rash.
It happens anywhere in the sun where ever.
You've typed levido, but do you mean Livedo?

Livedo Reticularis looked a little similar although there are several different types of Livedo and looking through the information on Livedo, they're usually caused by some serious underlying conditions and I would doubt that 3 of you in same family of varying ages would suddenly develop that plus some of the info about the benign form of Livedo actually says it resolves with heat... and that appears to be the opposite of what you're all experiencing.

There is another condition called _ Erythema ab igne _ that appears to be more heat related than Livedo.... but heck, I'm not a doctor so it's all just guess work. It is associated with chronic exposure to infrared radiation or low levels of heat.

It sounds as if it's related to your exposure to the sun. Maybe you're all just really sensitive to UV radiation from the sun??

Are any of you anaemic? The skin in your photos looks very translucent. I remember seeing others you posted on another thread and skin looked translucent and pale there too.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Healthgirl (07-31-2015)