View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 04:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I read that you usually become dependant on benzos after about 14 days. I was prescribed tamazepam when my symptoms first appeared, I used it for 10 days and it sent me to sleep when I found it impossible otherwise. Contrary to what I've heard I still had dreams and my quality of sleep although short was good apart from being groggy in the morning. After the course I tried other stuff like magnesium and valarien, amitryptiline but it didn't have any effect so I gave up on them.

In the first six months or so I used to wake up continuously often in a sweat, I've since read that these are symptoms along with anxiety of serotonin deficiency, this might be why AD's often do a good job of improving sleep. It's just finding one that suits your body whether it's an SSRI or SNRI, but it's not a route I went down instead I went for relaxation techniques.

I'm 17 month in (just turned 52 still in denial of being in my fifthties!), I still wake twice a night but tend to get back to sleep, life isn't back to it was but a hell of a lot better than it was - I even went running last week (like an old man lol), so hang in there and stay positive you will improve.

Symptoms overcome: Nausea, head pressure, debilitating fatigue, jelly legs, raised pulse rate, night sweats, restlessness, depersonalisation, anxiety, neck ache, depression.
Symptoms left: Disturbed sleep, some residual tinnitus.
SuperElectric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote