View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 11:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Hi & How are you feeling?

Hi Tomatogirl,
I hope you continue to recover from the surgery. Can you send us a few words about your progress? That is much appreciated. Have a peaceful and painless weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobiJ View Post
I have 2 Tarlov cysts, and waiting to be scheduled for surgery with Dr. Feigenbaum in Dallas. Long wait, about one month and did not get scheduled yet. Did surgery helped you? and how long was recovery time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatogirl View Post
Hi Folks-

Just had surgery with Dr. Feigenbaum in Dallas yesterday for small but multiple Tarlov cysts. (He also sees patients in Cypress.) Am now resting at the hospital. He found 8 cysts and definitely confirmed nerve compression. At least 5 were seen on imaging, but some turned out to be two cysts instead of one. He did laminectomy to treat the cysts and placed a dorsal polymer plate. Surgery took about 2.5 hours plus post op recovery. On waking the numbness I had in both feet is now gone!

Only have had some nausea, and normal surgical pain that is being decently controlled. Right now they have me restricted on movement to prevent spinal fluid leaks and they have started to progressively elevate my head today. So far so good.

The nursing care at Pine Creek Medical Center is excellent, better than what I've had at most places. The patient to nurse ratio is very low. My nurse has three patients under her care at the moment. The staff here also speak unprompted and highly of Dr. Feigenbaum's care and work to help people to receive appropriate care for Tarlov cysts and the like, many who have been misdiagnosed and undergone some difficult treatments. (One patient suffered an unnecessary vulvectomy BEFORE being helped by Dr. Feigenbaum.)

How some neurologists think that Tarlov cysts are all asymptomatic is absolutely beyond me.

For me, seeing Dr. Feigenbaum and having the surgery Is moving me in the right direction.

If anyone has questions on what I'm undergoing, please feel free to post or PM me.
Claudia Santelices is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmiyakaw (08-16-2015), Pakerbs (11-14-2019)