View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 12:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revnice View Post
Ragtop:

Thanks! The cause was first thought to be alcohol. I do drink, but only to excess and only after 9:00 am so I didn't really believe it. Later on it was discovered that I had T2 diabetes and I was 90 days from blindness and death.

So diabetes is now thought to be the cause. I can't lift groceries, do the foxtrot or toss the caber, I walk in a mysterious way and I have to sleep with my orthopedic, birth-control shoes on. My gymnastics career is probably in doubt. It's starting to get me down.

I'm in the desert in Mexico, if there was such a thing as a pain management facility, they'd probably prescribe Tequila. I've read that I should take aspirin or ibuprofen but nobody mentions morphine.

Thanks for the response, I'll continue my descent into complete misery while reading the forum.
Love your writing and humor. Forget the pain clinic, find those peyote buttons.haha. I 2 r bilaterall PN diabetic and unable to gain any more strenght in my legs. My last project was to quit Nicotine in an attempt to increase bloodflow to the nerves. I am quite smug with the fact that I have made it almost a month and have not had a sound bit on the six oclock local news. I had,at one time,to take Hydrocodone 10-325. It gave me time to heal and I was able to quit it. I realize you are years into this and your situation is different. If your pain is becoming unmanageable, there is help out there. You might have to drive a few miles past that paint horse standing hipshot in the corner of the pasture. There are some cheats that help. One is the walker that has a sitting platform and hand brakes in case you can't make point A to B without a rest. My next project will be to get off sleeping pills as I have gotten into a very settled relationship with. I constantly fight to stay in control of my blood glucose and love to eat all the wrong stuff. If you search Alcohol-Induced Neurapathy, those are some stories that make me run away from drinking. Good Luck and welcome, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-31-2015)