View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 02:09 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post

Take a clean dish and put some of your water in it on a window sill and see if algae grows in it. That would tell you not to use that water even if new.

The algae blooms vary from year to year...some heavy and some light. They are stimulated by phosphate run off from agriculture and lawns and gardening. If you delve deeply into the online sites about this subject you will find brain damage and other horrible things besides skin reactions. The blooms upNorth where we are start in late July and August, when the northern cold/cool water warms up.

Some of the local UPers upNorth, rinse off with a very dilute bleach solution after going swimming in the lake.

Boiling does not help... it actually bursts the algae and forces a larger dump of the toxin, than would be present if the cells remained intact.
whoa! ok. I just filled up a dish and put it on the window sill. I am the one who boils this stuff for tea all day, so that could account for how much worse I am. Could it be this simple? How miraculous that would be for my hurting life.

I am very interested in this for my yard as well. As I said in one of the posts above; we live in one of the lowest houses on the neighborhood. There is actually a drain at the back of my yard that was built by the town in the 70's to have somewhere for the water to go. The kids and I don't wear shoes for 5-6 months of the year outside.
SO, I'm thinking about the possibility of pesticide ridden bacteria that could be thriving in my backyard. Possibly? And because we are the wild non shoe wearing people on the street, it might make sense that others aren't sick? I am caught in a whirlwind of thoughts. Could you imagine if this crisis is solved on Neurotalk?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote