View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 02:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Relief from TOS, and thus, from the RSD reaction to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDayMBB View Post
Have been DX with TOS and somewhere along the line CRPS, the cold make my hands burn so, that even during mid summer have to wear gloves in the frozen food section. The other day was out for a walk in the woods, when I got done with my walk, I removed gloves (they were not insulated,but fairly warm any way) and as usual my fingers were one fire, thoough I was left with bue/purple blanching almost like a bruise. Was wondering if anybody elses' fingers look like this, fro the cold???
Hello, I have RSD, which I acquired about two years before giving birth to my twins. After nursing my girls for 4 months, I then acquired TOS, and had an RSD reaction to it that left me ENTIRELY without the use of my hands for 5-6 months. The main thing that helped was to calm down the TOS through the use of a system of different stretches (given to me by my doctor), and going to a hand therapist. Once I calmed down the TOS, I could focus on the rehab for the RSD flare, which for me involved cool/warm soaks, and continued work with my hand therapist, as well as warm water pool therapy. Since getting these stretches, whenever I feel TOS pain coming on in my hands, I start doing the shoulder stretches, and usually can head the RSD pain off at the pass, so to speak. I hope this helps. Gigi
gigisteyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-09-2015)