View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 06:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hello Andy,

I hope that your surgical outcome is everything you are hoping for. It does take time, sometimes more than we wish to give. Just remember to keep battling the darkness in they days ahead be they 2 years or even more. I don't know what type of procedure you had done but I had a badly scarred down, entrapped peripheral nerve released and a stump neuroma removed about 16 months ago. I was in so much pain I could not see a future but I have come through and it is beautiful. My recovery has come in stages, some change and relief right away, then a gradual multi-tiered series of changes. I continue to improve. Your doctor was wise to give you a broad range. Just roll with what comes and keep doing everything they tell you. Gentle movement early on is great to prevent adhesion. We are all praying for the best for you and for peace and healing.

That is great to hear you have improved & gives hope that I may improve in the future. I am geared for the long haul & under no illusions that I will probably not have a "euphoric" recovery, but an improvement that allows me to have some semblance of a life again would be enough.

I am trying to keep some movement going & do the stretching excercises given by hospital daily. I have taken a very slow walk to my local shop this morning, & will try to get a pattern going with that. I do have to be careful not attempting to do too much too early, as I have a tendency to push myself, usually until I break, but I am trying to be more sensible this time round.

Thanks for kind words & I wish you well with your own recovery. I nerve injuries are horrific & I would not wish one on anybody...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Hi Andy,

I do hope this is the first step on the long road to recovery for you, and 2 years is a long time. But there will be improvements throughout that time.

Missing your Ketamine is natural, it is a great help. Work through it slowly with body and mind together. I trust you have the Medical Support Structure in place to ensure success?

Wishing you low pain,

Dave.
Thanks for your kind words Dave. I am attempting to meditate alongside my recovery & beyond, but a bit of a novice & pain levels do not make for good concentration, but persistance should prevail.
barbo (08-01-2015), DejaVu (08-01-2015), EnglishDave (08-01-2015), eva5667faliure (08-08-2015), Littlepaw (08-03-2015), Mark56 (08-01-2015), Wren (08-01-2015)