Thread: Frustrated!!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 10:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My pain seems to be gone. I do get occasional twinges in my lower teeth. It doesn't hurt. It just seems to surprise me.

The numbness seems to be kind of traveling around my face now, so I'm trying to take that as a sign that it will eventually be somewhat better. It does this every time my meds are decreased. I'm still wondering if this is just because my nerve it having "withdrawal" symptoms and is just learning how to adjust without medications. I truly how that is the case.

I'm doing cheek and jaw exercises several times a day with massage without fail and I think it helps. I also do not have to wear the lower retainer anymore. I have gotten a permanent retainer instead. That also seems to have helped a little bit. Maybe it was putting pressure on my nerves?

So many questions and not enough answers!! It's been just over 2 months since my surgery and I'm sure I still have much healing left. Maybe because I had so much manipulation of my nerve, due to multiple veins being wrapped around, my recovery will take longer than most people?

Either way I'm definitely having more good days than bad and I am forever grateful to my neurosurgeon.

Praying for all my fellow TN sufferers to have pain free days
tracyh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-02-2015), EnglishDave (08-01-2015), Vowel Lady (08-05-2015)