View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 10:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Back from hiatus

Hi,
My name is uglogirl and I have Diabetes 2 and Neuropathy. My fasting sugars are high run 160 to 190 and by dinner they are normal. I have had neuropathy for a couple of years And took Lyrica, gabapentim, magneseum, alpha lypolic acid the rest and didn't like any of it so I stopped.

For a period there was a difference the burning, tingling, water and sand in my feet feeling felt better.
I don't know if the twitches and legs jerking were due to the PN or the medications but I don't experience them only once in a while. I stopped taking all the meds cuz after a while they were not helping enough for the side effects.

Most of the time if I have too many carbs within 10 minutes my feet are unbearable with burning, numbness, shooting pains. I am now determined to work at getting my sugar under control. There is a big difference under control the symptoms are tolerable probably a 3 or 4 on a sliding scale.
My DIabetes upon retiring is around 90 to 120 and in the morning it is 170 to 199. I feel it is sun dance syndrome.

Sometimes the inside of my cheeks and lips get numb that is why I came back hoping someone could help me understand. It is scary.:group hug
If anyone has similar issues I would appreciate very much hearing from you.

Last edited by uglogirl; 08-01-2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Spelling and added on
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (08-02-2015)