View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 06:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

First, thanks for sharing and letting me know I'm not alone in my struggles. One of the hardest parts is I often feel like at 4 months I'm worse than I was at one month. Which is why I think I'm going med free. I basically have nothing to lose....I just pray I start seeing a glimpse of hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzHead View Post
I felt compelled to respond to this after reading because wow.. sportsaddict, everything you describe, from your duration since injury, symptoms, med confusion and uncertainties, and general feeling and struggles sound almost identical to my own story.

I've now just passed 4 months and although I've seen many improvements (people are constantly telling me all the time), it's still a hard battle because I'm still not permitted to be my former active, social, happy self. It's like I've just gone from a smaller cage to a larger cage..but it's still a cage! It almost gets harder to deal with and you get more confused as to what's causing what feelings and symptoms (the pcs, anxiety, fatigue?). I tend to place my problems on lack of sleep too, and figure if I just got more of it, I'd be better much quicker. But I'm not so sure anymore. Yes, things would be better but it's incredible how your body adapts. I dropped all prescription meds, only take diazepam on the odd occasion when I'm incredibly worked up/upset in the middle of the night after waking up suddenly (those really desperate nights).

I wish you all the very best on this journey. Know that you have others out there sharing your isolating, confusing and frustrating experience. We'll get through this
Sportsaddict is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote