View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 10:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello Pogo,

I say throw that central sensitization idea out the window. Your daughter is much too young and her brain much too plastic to be stuck with this pain. A week off the keppra is not very long and May was not that far back. I think trying the relaxation is a great idea. Some biofeedback or hypnosis might be good. Acupuncture may help as well.

If relief is not forthcoming and they really think she is centralized it may be worth exploring ultra low dose ketamine infusions. This may sound crazy but hear me out. Her doctor is talking about a lifetime of having a headache! Obviously you would need a pediatric pain doctor willing to give ketamine. But The fact is ketamine is used routinely in the emergency department for sedation of children for procedures and is considered safe. It is a tertiary drug for recalcitrant headache. Most importantly, it resets NMDA pain receptors and fights central sensitization.

I am receiving a really low dose of ketamine (started at 0.5 mg per kg, now at .75 mg per kg) infused over an hour for neuropathic pain. It adds up to about 37.5 mg of ketamine. For sedation they will give 300-400 mg easily. MY treatment plan is for 8 infusions and now after four I am having really impressive results. This is in a middle aged brain that has had extreme pain contributors for over a year including three operations in the same area, a nerve injury and CRPS. Imagine how little it would take to help you daughter if nothing else works.

with your daughters age I think there is immense hope for her and I wouldn't settle for anything less than being pain free after the keppra incident. There are safe alternatives out there to potentially free her of this should simple time and mind-body techniques not do the trick.

Hang in there Mom.
Sending hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 08-02-2015 at 07:03 AM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-03-2015), EnglishDave (08-02-2015), ger715 (08-01-2015)