View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Oral may be an option however it does have some side effects. The nice thing about the infusions for me is that the side effects are confined to a couple of days and then it is completely washed out.

Quick question on meds. You had mentioned amitriptyline. Does it and related metabolites lower seizure threshold? I seem to vaguely remember something about that....

My gosh, I hope I did not disturb you too much! I have a hard time believing the pain changes are permanent. chronic pain doesn't kick in till over 6 months and often longer depending on the situation. The fact that her headache is decreasing means that stimulus is already shrinking and her brain will note that change. I really feel the body has a tremendous capacity for healing. Your daughter has obviously been through a lot but kids that age can overcome things adults never could. She is growing and her brain is changing daily if not hourly. I have learned through my own experience of severe nerve injury and repair surgery that re-wiring can occur. It takes time and diligent effort but at the very least you can minimize loss through consistent attention to care and healing.

I will keep your family in my prayers and hope restoration and comfort is brought to your daughter soon.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-03-2015), EnglishDave (08-02-2015)