Thread: Vegan Breakfast
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 10:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Vegan Breakfast

Breakfast, never my strong suit. I have never been a strong morning eater. Being diagnosed diabetic, research of how important early meals are, it all does little to motivate that early eating.

I now have that built in excuse to put it off an hour plus, b-12 absorbtion, but even so I struggle often. I find pain plus my current medicationhas really dulled my appetite.

Lately though I enjoy a breakfast burrito that is sadly, unfriendly to many with neuropathy issues, as it is nightshade heavy. It is half a sweet pepper (usually red, orange or yellow), half a sweet onion with about half a cup of Wegmans brand Don't Have a Pig soy sausage crumble in a pan, high heat with olive oil, salt, pepper and some assprted seasoning of the day. I eat teo burritos withhot sauce once the crumble has a sear and the onion has some color, though not carmelization.

I don't crave much food lately. I enjoy even less. I eat regularly because I know I have to maintain balanced blood glucose and not yo yo. This meal though, this one I may have a chance to develop a daily meal that I actually savor. Refreshing.
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote