View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 11:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've taken a while because there's so much to respond to - thanks to all!

Uras:
>Is this nerve pain you are experiencing?
Yes. And pain from swollen joints.

Bluesfan:
>You're not by any chance near Xalisco,
Nah, southern Baja. You can get a lot of stuff OTC here but it doesn't seem to have rhyme or reason, Lyrica yes, but not Codeine, Gabapentin but not Amitriptyline. Pharmacies also have laws governing what they can and cannot do, and doctors often don't know those laws. A pharmacy can't fill a prescription for six weeks worth of a controlled substance, for example. You have to get six prescriptions for a week's worth. Presumably, that law is to prevent you from committing suicide but it doesn't, you just have to wait six weeks until you've got enough. Thanks a bunch for the links!

Susanne:
>Finding the right combination of pain medication can make all the difference
Absolutely, and that's my quest. I don't mind the reduced mobility much, I've always hated exercise and in places like airports you can get a wheelchair and possibly someone to push it. The pain is the problem and it's not just painful, it makes me grumpy, I can't concentrate and it affects your enjoyment of everything. I used to be fun and I'm not fun anymore. Good to know that the right combo can be found though.

Ken:
I knew someone would bring up smoking Congrats on quitting. I have 8 incurable health issues and I don't want another one so I have to stop, we smokers are a dying breed. Fortunately, circulation is not one of my problems, doc says my arteries are fine. I'm getting a handle on the blood sugar issue but I'm relatively new to it and still fiddling with the dose. That walker sounds fun as long as it has a drink holder.

>If you search Alcohol-Induced Neuropathy, those are some stories that make me run away from drinking
I might be one of the stories but it's too late for me now, I can hide but I can't run. *admin edit*

Last edited by Chemar; 08-02-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: NeuroTalk Guidelines
revnice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-02-2015), zkrp01 (08-04-2015)