View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy1012 View Post
I just came from a party. I am drunk. While I was on my way, I couldn't feel a bump on the road in my head. This has been my major symptom since the injury. But those bumps and potholes I used to dread always didn't bother me at all after I am drunk. I felt totally normal and insensitive to them. This makes me wonder if I have become overly conscious about them and I don't actually have a physical problem. Any thoughts ?
It's funny I've bumped my head at parties while I've been drinking and felt fine the next day. Concussion problems are in part caused by excitotoxicity (too much glutamate), and alcohol affects GABA receptors lowering glutamate, possibly alcohol temporarily lowers the excitotoxic neurometabolic response that can possibly happen if you bump your head? Idk, that's just my take. Of course, drinking is no solution to concussion problems and is recommended to be avoided as much as possible while in recovery. Coincidentally, I "know" someone who has told me their bumped head symptoms becoming less worse after using marijuana. My take on that is that it can lower inflammation and has been proven to protect against excitotoxicity.
tbi_survivor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote