Thread: Help me please
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy1012 View Post
I am 28 years old and 16 months into PCS. I am obsessed with the fact that my brain will always have low tolerance for the next concussion if that happens. I don't know how to deal with this scary thought. I can't seem to accept it either and I have become panicky. I can't imagine living the rest of my life worrying about getting a concussion with a lesser force than the general population. It's scary and depressing how can one live life if one's brain is vulnerable to everyday bumps ? How to deal with this ?? I have never been a fan of any contact sports. The only risk of getting another concussion in my case is bumps and potholes and rough patches on road and I can't stop obsessing about it and very frustrated of being vulnerable. Please help me. How do I deal with this anxiety ?
I'm dealing with the same thing. Can hardly ride in cars or walk. I'm going into my last year of high school and haven't been able to see any of my friends this entire summer cuz I've been so sensitive and felt so lousy. I've tried an anti-inflammatory diet and that has helped a little bit. I also found a really cheap hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment center that is only 30 dollars a session, which I feel has helped but is a controversial treatment option at this time. But whatever you do, don't give up hope. Pain is temporary, but if you quit, it will last forever. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions, I've had PCS 2 years and know quite a lot.
tbi_survivor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-03-2015)