View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Melody,

I hope you have had a good weekend!

I don't know why I did not see your post before now?!
I was following you on the dental forum.

I know it's tough -- choosing between which bill gets paid and when.
I wish it was different and everyone could easily afford health, dental, housing, utilities, food, education, vacations, vehicles and more!

During the first 10 years of total medical disability, I was single and trying to live on low disability income. I had no coverage for medications. It was a very challenging time. I had a mortgage to pay, was still paying off student loans, and most often, my meds had cost at least 1/2-3/4 of my monthly income. I'd needed to keep a car and related expenses in order to continue my medical care. Fortunately, I had some savings. I then sold almost everything I had owned in order to get through. I have been married since and much has changed. I have filed appeals on pay and have won. I have invested and have had favorable returns. It's easier now than it was; yet, still challenging. Prices continue to climb, as you well know! Even with dental insurance covering 50%,it's still very expensive here. Health insurance deductibles and co-pays are phenomenally high this year! wow!

Although, you already know all of this!

Somehow, we all keep smiling and moving on with each passing day!
Me? I'm a bit too stubborn to throw in the towel. (yet.)

I hope you and Alan have had some fun this past weekend!

Warmly,
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (08-03-2015)