View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 11:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone, at least I can block the sneaky weasels. It isn't just FB, I was on a horse racing site today and got an ad for something I buy.

I'm not getting these from web browsing, its from what I buy from the store, I haven't looked any of the items up online. I am trying to remember if I have ever given them my email address but cannot. I generally don't because I don't have a printer to use for coupons but it is possible I had a weak moment. It is either that or they sold my info to some marketing company. I don't get any emails from them though.

I couldn't find anything on line except this and I don't know how credible it is.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...-get-your-data

I also found a horrid article that really appeared true about Target designing a computer analysis to try to identify pregnant women in their second or third trimester so they could manipulate their buying habits before the birth of the child to establish habits and scarf up on all the new purchases a child would entail and it worked. I was a psyc major and what it said they did sounded plausible.

I am already annoyed with Freddie's because recently they have been spraying their organic produce so heavily its a soggy mess so I think I will bring this up too. Should I wear a tin foil hat? Mrd D had either of you mentioned the Boonie hat online?

Thanks again gurus of all things mysterious and technological.

judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-03-2015), EnglishDave (08-03-2015)