View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 11:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinth29 View Post
hello guys . i have bipolar and fibromyalgia . and used gaba pentin once but it causes me to have strange personality with behavioural changes and depression . is this a normal side effect and i have to push on medication until i am tolerant to it . or the aforementioned reason is a good reason to stopa gaba pentin . i am sensitive to alot of medication : tegritol. depakote.and lamictal . any ideas guys what to do . i have fibromyalgia and depression .
Hi labrynth29,
I am glad you are giving gabapentin a fair trial. I am concerned about your reported personality changes, however.

You report sensitivities to the other AED meds used for pain and/or for bipolar disorder: Depakote, Lamictal and Tegretol.

I understand as I have to use one of these for a neuromuscular disorder.
I am very sensitive to all of them. I am truly allergic to a couple of them.
I have found, through much trial and error, that I can tolerate the brand name of Depakote sprinkles, as they are metabolized a bit differently than other Depakote formulations. I cannot tolerate generic Depakote or other formulations of Depakote under the brand name.

My pharmacist tells me some other people also report being better able to tolerate the Depakote Sprinkles formulation (when unable to tolerate other forms of Depakote, both brand and generic).

If you have private drug insurance (through an employer, etc, ) or have no medication coverage, the manufacturer makes the brand name of Depakote sprinkles available via a coupon on their website available for a small co-pay.
You can check this out by searching for the Depakote manufacturer's site.

Just FYI.

I hope you find a med that works and is easily tolerated.

To Our Healing,
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (08-05-2015)