View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laupala View Post
I experienced something sort of similar recently while biking. I've recently upped my excercise considerably, from 45 minutes on a stationary bike, to up to 90 minutes biking outside on a road bike. I used to be a big runner (ran xc and track in HS, college, and post-collegiately until a hamstring injury about 6 months before the concussion) and it has felt amazing to move through space fast again, and exercise outside.

When I first started biking, I'd be really careful and focus on how I'd feel a bump in my head. But after a while, and as a ride progresses, I sort of get in a happy zone of being in the moment, still being careful to not hit big potholes, but just enjoying exercising, and I don't feel the bumps as much as I did early on.

So yeah, I think a lot of it is probably in our heads.
You nailed it. I have similar experiences. When I always watch for bumps and adjust/lean forward my body, I always feel them somewhat. It's like my mind is always on high alert. But when I am busy talking on phone or talking to the person sitting besides me, it hardly bothers me and I sometimes pass over a considerably big bump without freaking about it. So yes, major part, if all all of it, is anxiety I think
Galaxy1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote