View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Yes, Foil Hats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
Thanks everyone, at least I can block the sneaky weasels. It isn't just FB, I was on a horse racing site today and got an ad for something I buy.

I'm not getting these from web browsing, its from what I buy from the store, I haven't looked any of the items up online. I am trying to remember if I have ever given them my email address but cannot. I generally don't because I don't have a printer to use for coupons but it is possible I had a weak moment. It is either that or they sold my info to some marketing company. I don't get any emails from them though.

I couldn't find anything on line except this and I don't know how credible it is.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...-get-your-data

I also found a horrid article that really appeared true about Target designing a computer analysis to try to identify pregnant women in their second or third trimester so they could manipulate their buying habits before the birth of the child to establish habits and scarf up on all the new purchases a child would entail and it worked. I was a psyc major and what it said they did sounded plausible.

I am already annoyed with Freddie's because recently they have been spraying their organic produce so heavily its a soggy mess so I think I will bring this up too. Should I wear a tin foil hat? Mrd D had either of you mentioned the Boonie hat online?

Thanks again gurus of all things mysterious and technological.

judi
Hi judi,
I was also a psych major and a psych professional before disability and I believe we ALL should be wearing tin foil hats, with lightening rods attached. The hats will keep our thoughts safe from any data-mining. They will also keep our own thoughts from broadcasting. The lightening rods will either keep us safer in storms or may set us up for a brief thrill should lightening strike?

If many more drones are launched, we may need tall lights on our foil hat to make sure they maneuver safely around us.

I was at a city gathering for the fourth of July, on the waterfront. Suddenly, the crowd was silent and staring at the same thing; a drone had flown in and was suspended in the air (sitting still) looking at our part of the crowd. We were all seated. It was a very low-flying drone. Some people were immediately frightened. After 5 minutes, the drone left. There were many large boats nearby and we thought maybe someone was just playing with a small drone from their boat. We never found out who was operating the drone. I am not sure it would be possible to tell. There were over 10K people in attendance. Many people were definitely uncomfortable with the drone appearing like that.

Just don't know what to think about these types of 'invasions."
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zygopetalum (08-03-2015)