View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up What a catch 22

[QUOTE=LIT LOVE;1159693]I just want to mention while you probably shouldn't be having be having cereal, you don't mention the type of milk. Whole milk is actually preferable for your blood sugar levels. Also, there has been lots of research that artificial sweeteners can cause blood sugar spikes even more severely than white sugar. You might try unprocessed honey, it has a lower glycemic index than processed honey or sugar, and because it is sooo sweet, a tiny bit goes a very long way.

I'm not diabetic but have always been very sensitive to my blood sugar levels--my father was diabetic my entire childhood (the drink of choice in our house was diet Coke and I realized it was spiking and crashing my blood sugar all day when I was in my early 20's.) and my mother developed diabetes in her 60's. When my mom's dietician gave her a food plan, I thought it was still too carb heavy. The American diet has become very focused on processed foods over the past 50 years--almost all of which are carb heavy.

You migh look into eating Paleo. The site I followed when I was doing it strictly was Marksdailyapple.com. The site recommended staying below 50 carbs a day 6 days a week and having one cheat day. Not only is this way of eating protein heavy, there is also a concentration on eating high quality fat.[

The Paleo diet won't work cuz of my Cholesterol. This is becoming a real issue.

I drink Diet Coke and am trying to ween my self off it and have lemon and ice water.

My milk is 1% at Giant Eagles Dairymen's milk.

My doc was out of the office and I have a message from him to start a different medication which I will go get today.

The doc that was subbing for him said to take 5 more mgs of Glipizide.

And my extra helping yesterday did not help today my mouth is numb and legs ache a little.

I am going to look into the zone diet and compare with the paleo diet.

Good luck at your Dr's appt.
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote