View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ELna,

So sorry for my delay in replying to you. I have been crazy busy!!

Regarding your other two posts.... it would not have been wise to leave a huge opening when that molar was removed. Something had to be done to attempt to close it over and get what is called primary closure.

ELna, has any of these dentists every discussed the health of the other teeth in the upper right quadrant? Those teeth from what I recall, were at best questionable on the xrays you shared with us. If there is a brewing infection in any of those upper right teeth that could be one of the major reasons for all of these complications. An infection in one or more of those teeth could be preventing the sinus from closing.

The photo you posted of the upper right quadrant does not look normal or look like healthy scar tissue. The tissue from the first pre molar back along the bony ridge (area directly above each of those teeth) is so irritated, inflamed and spongy looking. Also, is the cheek tissue discolored with purple veins and is it bumpy like ridges?

The longevity of the horizontal crease that you have above your upper lip is very usual after oral surgery. I am wondering if there was some nerve involvement when the tooth was removed which may have resulted in that crease. The blanched area between your mouth and nose may indicate a lack of blood supply there. I don't understand why none of these dentists are addressing these issues more thoroughly with you.

The only dentist that knows what took place during the extraction was the dentist who extracted the tooth. His surgical notes should indicate specifically what he did, what he found, etc. If I recall correctly you had another dentist perform a second closure.... is that correct or am I confusing you with someone else??

I really think there could be an underlying issue going on in that quadrant that is not being diagnosed and I also think one or both of the procedures to close the opening and/or to close the extraction site resulted in further problems.

Have you been going back to the same oral surgeons or have you seen someone new? Forgive me, I just don't recall exactly :/

Bryanna

QUOTE=ELna;1159408]

Had oral surgery 7 weeks ago that resulted in decreased oral cavity and some gum scarring on the right side.
Since then, I have a deep horizontal crease above my upper lip when I smile, it looks like another smile above the smile. Laughing is much worst.
Plus, the area between the mouth and nose is a lighter colour than the rest of the face and simply white when it is hot.
The area looks like standing out a bit compared to before. It is not swollen, I think the gum is holding it a bit away.

Did anyone experience this? What is it? Did it go away with time?
If not, is there anything that can be done in the future about it?
Lasering the damaged gum surface might help in the future? Or by then the face will adjust and doing anything will cause a new problem?
Have seen 3 doctors, noone seems to know what is the cause or of it will go away. They were oral surgeons. Who should I see who might not be scared to address the issue?

Elna[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote