View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglogirl View Post
Hi Hopeless,
I take the morning meds at 9 am and evening at 7 pm with dinner. At night I like a bowl of cereal with a little Splenda.

Last night reading was about 103 had a slice of toast about 1 am and sugar was 144 fasting this morning.

Too my reading now before dinner and is 89

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe try not to use artificial sweetners like Splenda.
35 Yrs ago I had a an MD/Naturopathic type doctor who found I was hypoglcemic. He put me on a diet of ONLY fish, lean meats and vegetables, salads,,water and herbal tea....NOTHING ELSE. He was a brilliant guy and he said our pancreas reacts to artificial sweetners as if they are sugars so I could not use them. He said, just do this for 3 months. He not only controlled my hypoglycemia which had gotten so bad I was fainting, stopping all sugars and simple carbs fixed a chronic UTI problem I had for years...he told me Sugars feed bacteria.

Here is an article by Dr Mercola....a doc much like my previous doc....

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...fuse-body.aspx

I agree with Hopeless that having a nutritious snack like a hard boiled egg or piece of cheese is better. Or, if you really crave bread for toast, have half a slice with almond butter. I know a slice of toast or cereal seem harmless but they do make sugar levels spike. I have a slice of turkey rolled up with a slice of cheese as a snack or some nuts. I had basically been vegetarian but have been scolded by docs for not getting enough protein so I am back to eating some fish, eggs, chicken. I also recently discovered almond cheese which is actually pretty good.
Also a brand of breads and cereals called Ezekial which are made from sprouted grains...very nutritious. Generally found in the freezer section or if a health food store that moves alot of products, like Whole foods or Trader Joes, they may be with regular breads.

My best,
Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (08-03-2015)