View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 10:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi NJ,

Don't apologize..... ramble on all you want, you have every reason to do so and that is why we are here

By now you have seen the ENT... what did he say?

The wisdom tooth is a catch 22 situation. Depending on the location and health of the tooth and the bone/sinus/tissue around it determines if it needs to be removed or not. Sometimes these oddly placed wisdom teeth are very small and resting comfortably. Let's home that is your case as you have other stuff to deal with.

Regarding the implant to replace this rc tooth.... anytime a dental implant is replacing a root canaled tooth there is an increase risk of infection and failure because the health of the bone surrounding the rc tooth is questionable even after the tooth is removed. So it would be remove the tooth, perio ligament and diseased tissue and bone. Let it heal for a few months and monitor the site with xrays to see how it's healing.

By any chance are you in NJ?

Bryanna
Hey Bryanna,
My appt. for ct scan was Aug. 18th but just called & they have cancellation for tomorrow at 5 pm. So happy to move forward & get some info. I'm in Toronto, Ontario so navigating the Canadian health care system & learning more & more that you just have to keep on top of things yourself. Just the way it is now.
From what I'm reading, really don't want to mess around with this wisdom tooth if I don't have to. Could open up a big mess & at my age, happy to leave it alone if it's not bothering me.
My current ENT doctor seems good - willing to talk/explain things, young, wants to find out what's going on. Completely different than the 1st ENT I saw, thank goodness.
Thanks for touching base - will let you know what's going on when I find out more. You are doing such a great service by giving people on this forum an unbiased view. It is so difficult to know sometimes whether you're getting good information or direction from your dentist/doctor.
Be well.
NJ
NJOsborne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote