View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Well, we have had a 2+ week lull on the fluff dispenser, and I almost took it down.

Then a female finch appeared after a heavy rain, and started in on it again. I decided to replace the rather battered fluff remaining with fresh, and I had 2 females arriving at it together today. The yellow male sometimes flies in and sits on a nearby branch guarding the female as she takes the cotton.

I don't know if the nest is done, and chicks fledged, or if she lost it in a storm or to a crow or squirrel and is making another. I don't even know if they have two broods, like robins do and hummers.

But in any event I still have my fluff dispenser to watch during the day and enjoy them.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-04-2015), kiwi33 (08-04-2015), RSD ME (08-05-2015), Wiix (08-04-2015)