View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

There is another thing you can do if you think you have gall bladder issues.

1) avoid garlic (and large amounts of onions) -- this is a trigger for bile duct pain

2) avoid opiate pain relievers....these can cause biliary spasms.

2) watch your diet for gassy foods: Cabbage in all its forms, carbonated drinks, celery, pickles and cukes, etc.
Some normal foods high in fructose, will become gassy if your GI bacteria are out of balance. They will ferment things and create gas. Overuse of acid reducing drugs will lower digestion of protein, and lead to gas and fermentation in the bowel...this can come up and reflux painfully.

There is a new diet for people with bacterial imbalance...it is the FODMAPS diet.
http://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/
Some items on this new medically approved diet can be eaten in small quantities occasionally by some people.
I myself think that apples and apple juice are awful, as well as cabbage. Those two things can make me miserable.

Gas pains can be confused with actual GI pathology... so doing some research and food juggling on your own, may reveal some intolerances which you can fix and thereby reduce your discomforts.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-04-2015), Wiix (08-04-2015)