View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

ELna,

Thank you for posting those additional photos. By any chance did you happen to bring them with you at any of your dental appointments? Because without seeing the before photos, anyone who does not know you personally has no idea what you looked like before. As you have found out dentists are in the club together and for them to act as individuals (meaning to step out of the club) they have to have definitive reason to do so.

So are you thinking that the "extra piece" of extended tissue that you can feel behind the lumpy tissue from your cheek to your gum is what is intricately connected to the crease over your upper lip? I suppose it could be but why isn't anyone acknowledging that possibility? I think when you are ready, the best bet would be to consult with a plastic surgeon who will at least be more likely to discuss this issue with you without prejudice... because he's not in the same club.

I am glad that you received financial reimbursement at least that shows a good faith effort on their part.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELna View Post
Thank you Bryanna. That is where the 2nd surgeon took the gum from. Wassmund-Rehrman lobe lengthened to the 14th. He wrote it was one of the most difficult closures he ever did (?). It felt like raw meet 2 weeks after surgery when i could finally open my mouth a bit and went straight to A&E feeling that something is growing together in my mouth where it shouldnt. The lump doesnt bother me. But right from behind it, there feels like an extra layer like skin in between the cheek and where the actual gum should be / is. I can move that thin layer with my tongue.
I might cut it free for myself - then someone will have to fix it. Only joking. For now. Sorry, dark humour.

Ok, seriously, I will not find anyone to consider this a problem until there is the familiar and safe sinus issue to focus on so will wait the one month, hope that that one sorts itself out in the end then will start the next round, trying to find a brave and knowledgeable doctor to address the issue. Somewhere.
I went to the one well versed on surgical methods - he barely examined me at all, simply shrugged about the gum issue, wouldn't even look at it, said it might take as much as a year for the gum to settle and just leave it. I felt that he went with the textbook answers without evaluating the individual case. Like it was too minor and insignificant for him. He made me feel bad. I know he deals with major, more serious issues as well but that is exactly why i trusted him to know enough for my problem. Not because i have that kind of money to throw around. Then he wrote he hopes it will become 'acceptable'. And he wrote that the OS actually did a good job. That the left side was closed beautifully. Who cares? He spent more time in the letter talking about the surgeons than about my mouth. I did not even hint that I was blaming anyone he still felt the need to defend fellow doctors. Without knowing my case or mouth since he barely had a look. I was happy he thought it is best to wait with the sinus closure though.
However, the practice refunded the cost I spent there (the extractions and the one closure they charged me for out of the three) and when i wanted to book an appointment earlier to talk to the OS who did the second one, I found out that the guy who did the 2nd surgery no longer works for the practice...

Added two pictures of my smile from before (r.i.p.) as you asked. I'm desperate. If there's anyone out there (UK) willing to have a look and maybe help please come forward. I would go anywhere privately if I knew I was properly looked at at least. A maybe would do it really.
Thank you Bryanna, will update in a month.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote