View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 03:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Diandra, Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diandra View Post
Dear DejaVu,
Experiencing a loss as profound as you and your family have endured is not something I could ever imagine, and I am sorry for all you have been through. Thank you for reaching out and sharing with all of us.

The ramifications of such a tragedy just don't seem to stop.
Maybe one day you will have that family get together where you can all put the past events aside for one day and just BE together. That is a lovely gathering to hope for. I will say a prayer that it happens.

My family, much like Eva has also explained, is also splintered. Like you, I have found my family in friends. Many of them on these forums.

I hope you and your family continue to heal and this week passes with just a bit more understanding and a little less pain.

My best,
Diandra
Hi Diandra,

Thanks for writing such a heartfelt message.
Each written response has brought tears of joy during this anniversary time.

I'd enjoy the type of gathering you describe. Some of us can, and do, get together, thankfully. The family splintering was significant in response to feelings about this event. In addition, family has suffered an astounding number of tragedies, which can take a huge toll on everyone. I'd once had it explained to me by an insightful psychiatrist -- She'd told me the number and frequencies of family tragedies would have a similar effect upon family members as the traumatizing effect upon people living in a war zone.

Some of us chose to seek help with grieving and trauma.
Those of us having chosen to seek help are able to get together and share with one another, and are able to have more rewarding relationships in general.

Some have not chosen to seek help.
It's an individual choice and one I do respect. Some feel they cannot withstand processing the events in therapy or otherwise. I can understand their feelings of overwhelm.

Thank you for your message of understanding, hope and healing.
Thanks, too, for your prayers.

With Deep Gratitude,
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-05-2015), RSD ME (09-17-2015), Wren (08-04-2015)