View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 06:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

toothtroublesgal,

I think you will find the smaller toothbrush much more effective. After the site heals, invest in spin head or a small head electric brush. I really think you will be amazed at how well they work!

Regarding irrigating the socket... you can use warm mildly sated water in the syringe. The syringe is meant to be used very gently and not forcefully. It is suppose to be a gentle irrigation, similar to the same force you get when you rinse. If you irrigate too hard, it will hurt and you can reopen the wound. So steady and very gentle.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothtroublesgal View Post
I do not use an electric toothbrush, but coincidentally I just started using a child size toothbrush a few days ago after throwing my old one out thinking it probably wasn't good to be using the same toothbrush after an infection. I think having a smaller head on the toothbrush is really helping me clean the area better and fit in all the tiny nooks and crannies in my mouth

I am also doing salt water rinses after I eat today. The oral surgeon said I should begin irrigating the extraction hole tonight with my syringe, would it be beneficial to use salt water to do this too?

Thank you for your help!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote