View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 06:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Greg,

Can you give a little more background about your wife regarding PD?
Age?
Weight? (gain/loss in last few years?)
First Dx
Current medication?
Is she being seen by a MDS? Neurologist? PCP?
Other issues.
Optimistic/Pessimistic?

Please understand I am just a PWP, not a doctor.

I've read other folks who have tried Dr. Heinz treatment, and for 20% it seems to have really helped. For the other 80% didn't see the improvement.

My sister is Vegan, very into nutrient and keeping things balance. At 68 she can still do a 1/2 Trialathlon, but her knees have taken a pounding and she limits her competition to sprints for fun. (1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and 3 mile run). Retired Hospice RN, so very into eating well. I had hoped for a magic pill, milkshakes, and sitting on the couch. She didn't buy into that one bit! Darn it!

Biggest secrets to living well with PD: Exercise, eating well, and getting a good nights sleep. For me I really try my best at two of three (sleep is an issue).

Irony is as I have gone from three hours to five hours sleep, I'm doing better. Medicine is well balanced for me. Been increasing my exercise and feeling better. I'm still way too heavy (6'3" 270#... but down from 295#). Irony is waist got smaller, but weight went up at the same time (more muscle).

So post up to the above questions, and we may have some good suggestions/thoughts... please keep in mind we are PWP (people with Parkinson's) so anything you need to run past her Doctor first.
"I've read other folks who have tried Dr. Heinz treatment, and for 20% it seems to have really helped. For the other 80% didn't see the improvement."

Do you have a reference for that? I'd like to read it.
Born 1948. Diagnosed 2011. DBS ON 7/17. Taking cd/ld 200 MG at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm. Finasteride 5 mg, Life Extension Mix and Once-Daily Health Booster, Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ, Optimized Curcumin (longvida), Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract with Resveratrol, Vectomega-3, Vit D3 5000U,Lithium orotate 5 mg, AMPK Activator, Kefiran, N-Acetyl-L- Cysteine (NAC), Tri-Magnesium, Advanced NeuroPro, Duozyme,
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) Updated 9/21/17.
GerryW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote