View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 12:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodethan View Post
Hey jzp119
We could be in a similar situation, however it's been 10 years I've been trying to fix this and finally now I'm gonna go all out to fix it. It may require me traveling to US from Australia as there doesn't seem to be a lot of experts here at all.

What set me off to get serious about this was reading about Baseball pitcher Chris Young and how he made a complete recovery from similar symptoms to mine. Link; tos.wustl.edu/en/Patient-Features/Chris-Youngs-Story

My case;
- 33 year old male
- Football, surfing and martial arts non-stop growing up
- Around 22 I hurt my shoulder lifting weights
- Diagnosed with torn rotator cuff (supraspinatus)
- Never really healed despite $$$ spent on PT etc.
- PT had me doing painful neck stretching causing pins and needles (This may be the source of my problem)
- Realized my scapular is winging and my shoulder is a few inches higher
- Winging seems to be Dorsal Scapular Nerve related (Rhomboids/Lev Scap) as my serratus seems ok and the winging itself is subtle
- EMG says everything normal except 'Borderline changes in Rhomboid/Levator Scap.'
- MRI etc. no problems found
- Neurologist baffled and wants to show me to his colleagues
- All up I've prob seen 20 doctors and PTs
- Kept training in the gym fpr last few years with progress being 3 steps forward 2 steps back. i.e. Make progress one week>symptoms flare up>I lose strength>start again>repeat
- Symptoms are; Dull ache, heavy arm, pins and needles in fingers, shoulder clicking, shoulder arm weakness
- I always get this burning in neck area and a strange burning/pulling feeling in my trap/neck when I sit at a computer

Had some frustrating days but I'm pretty confident I'll get it fixed. Basically now I'm ready to do whatever it takes to get it fixed, will pay anything to go overseas and get the surgery. Will try here first but it's not looking good so far. I will keep you/this thread updated, hopefully you can do the same.

This pic of a model illustrates one of my main problems, I have built my trap muscles up significantly but on the injured side there is a chunk missing (the bit up near the neck that runs at an angle). Possibly levator scapula.

Can someone post this I don't have enough posts
i.imgur(dot)com/JHV5wsH.jpg

Yep we have the exact same symptoms and likely the exact same (or similar) problem. Do let me know how your recovery goes alright? Feel free to PM me or anything. I am glad you are optimistic and looking to get things fixed 100%, that's always the best mindset. It can be hard to maintain when the aching shoulders are at their worst.
jzp119 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote