View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 02:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash View Post
Holy ..
This is what I just discovered my pain area is:

Supraspinatus pain. It just won't go away.

And my symptoms to a T:
- I always get this burning in neck area and a strange burning/pulling feeling in my trap/neck when I sit at a computer

And:
- Symptoms are; Dull ache, heavy arm, pins and needles in fingers, shoulder clicking, shoulder arm weakness

I think I injured my Supraspinatus or the nerve itself when I fell with my arm outstretched.

Can you tell me some of the PT you did?

Before you move to the US, I'd suggest you seek out Lynn Watson, she is a PT with TOS experience from Australia with several papers to her credit.
Hey, cool to hear someone feels the same weird sensation
But here's where I might confuse you a bit, my supraspinatus tear was confirmed by ultrasound and did take a long time to heal but I'm sure it is definltely healed by now as I can easliy abduct my arm and am strong (lateral raise in weightlifting).
So the original diagnosis of of supraspinatus tear is different to my current TOS sypmtoms, and quite possibly my original tear may have been caused by the then unrecognised TOS.

As for PT I did; nothing seemed to make it significantly better. I did external rotations and shoulder abduction with therabands mostly. I finally made progress when I started lifting decent weights and concentrating on the back muscles. Dumbbell rows significantly strengthened my trap and rhomboids and provided stability. Doctors are now shocked at first when the hypertrophy of my trap muscles in the injured shoulder. If you want to know more details let me know.

Either way I'm going to get to the bottom of it so I'll keep you posted
Also I'll check out Lynn Watson, I appreciate the tip
jarrodethan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote