View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 01:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Update after Pec Minor Release

All, Here's the latest in my continuing saga.

I met with Neurosurgeons Dr. Sanders & Dr. Annest at Vascular Institute of the Rockies in Dec, 2014. After examination and EMG testing, Dr. Sanders stated that although I didn't have TOS, there was a procedure (Pec Minor Release) that should help with my range of motion. I scheduled the procedure and Dr. Annest performed the surgery a week later. I did gain about 45 degrees of lateral movement in my right arm/shoulder post surgery, however I have not experienced any reduction in regards to my severe chronic pain. I'm now 8 months post "Pec Minor Release" and 19 months since my initial ACDF surgery that caused my Brachial Plexus injury. I have gained some ROM & muscle mass back in my arm & shoulder but nowhere near where I was before this ordeal started. I'm currently working with my Dr. in trying to manage my chronic pain. I've been taking muscle relaxers, Cymbalta, Neurontin, Oxycodone & Oxycontin for the burning, twitching, itching, numbness & shooting pains. I've still yet to find an attorney that is willing to take on my potential malpractice case. I just don't understand how I can end up with a Brachial Plexus injury from a cervical surgery that supposedly went "fine". Talk about frustration on an epic scale!
Rfcomm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote