Thread: Dental cleaning
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Dental cleaning

I am (super slowly) going through some of the threads on this forum and firstly looking at things that directly interest me, but so far I haven't spotted a topic on this (apologies if there is one already).
I spotted "dental cleaning" mentioned in another thread and remembered that I was going to ask about it.

I would like to hear opinion from other people on how they felt before and after a "standard" (??) dental cleaning.

I have only had it done twice in my life, and last time (a year ago) I promised to myself I would never do it again, unless maybe if my teeth become brown all over and I was very, very old.

The reason is because I feel that the super slippery and incredibly smooth surface of the teeth has been "sanded" and became a lot rougher, especially after that second clean. Is this normal?
From memory, my dentist used some kind of rubber(?) sander-attachment and some paste to scrub my teeth.
Immediately after the clean I noticed that the naturally smooth surface was gone wherever he had a great access to the tooth to "sand" it.

Has anyone else noticed that their smooth enamel is not so smooth any more after a dental clean? Or is it some kind of "archaic" or wrong instruments/methods/pastes that my dentist used on me?
Femlex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote