View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Danny,

Ditto Lara's comments.

You said "I guess I will have to learn how to cope with this newest addition to my condition. I'm very scared of catastrophic complications including possible cancer or further brain damage from the cyst growing. "

This image did not change your condition. The long term outcomes from diagnosed pyneal cysts shows very small likelihood of complications. The likelihood of cancer is below any statistical probability. Only 3 to 8% increase in size at all.

Did you notice the high percentage of autopsies that show pyneal cysts ? They are very common. High resolution MRI's show pyneal cysts in over 20% of the population. Less than 1 out of 640,000 need surgical intervention.

I am 60 years old. By autopsy stats, I have a 60% likelihood of having prostate cancer. But, my likelihood of it impacting my life is very low. Only 1 in 7 will ever be diagnosed with it. Only 2 out of 10,000 men will die from it.

My MRI/MRA had a number of abnormalities that have similarities to aneurisms. If I lived my life in fear that they may be a risk, I'd bee crippled in fear.

I honestly do not think anything a neuro says will change your anxiety levels. They can give you the statistics I provided but I doubt they will take the time to look for such stats. The most they may suggest is doing another MRI in a year and see if anything has changes.

Oh yeah, Most cysts either remain stable (75%) or shrink (16%). Some rupture and disappear.

So, I think you made an astute observation. You need to learn to cope with your condition, whether it is just PCS (I think it is) or maybe an unlikely chance of a symptomatic pyneal cyst. Neither will kill you or radically change you life.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-06-2015)