View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 07:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've calmed down a bit but I'm sure this will be a new added struggle for me to wrap my head around. (No pun intended) Both of you have helped calm me down; I sincerely thank you.

My main concern is due to the size of the cyst. As Lara alluded to, most symptomatic pineal cysts are larger than 5mm in diameter and 9mm is right on that target. I believe the gland itself is only 7mm. This is worrisome to me.

Mark, I'm sure that most of your statistics are relative to smaller pineal cysts. Also, I have read that more women than men have these cysts, something like 3:1. So the fact that it is large, possibly causing my symptoms and that I'm a male make this a rare situation with respect to pineal cysts.

I plan to move forward by seeking a second opinion from a neuro opthamalogist and then go from there. I suppose speaking to qualified neurosurgeons wouldn't be a bad idea. I need to find out the specifics of where it is located, if there is any obstruction of CSF, etc. I agree that finding out more will help but it will take time. In the meantime, it's possible that I have a tumor growing in the center of my brain.

I really don't have a good neurologist so I will need to a find a new one of those to look at it as well. I have a whole list of other grievances with my neuro. I need to find one I can trust and have a good relationship with. This would ease my anxiety a lot.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-06-2015), Lara (08-06-2015)