View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Thanks for the pointers Dufus!
I tried exercises from Gokhale's book and did not like them much. I think she is making assumptions about what's wrong with the posture which may or may not be correct.
Most her exercises seem to be aimed at fixing posterior pelvis tilt, but mine is overly tilted anteriorly leading to a kyphotic-lordotic posture.
I'll definitely check out the Egoscue book.

Yoga is also an interesing idea. Like you, I was unable to do any Yoga due to arm/shoulder pain, but I think I should be able to do some of it now.
Hiker, it could be cause and effect mixed up. From what (little) I know, a forward head ends up often causing a kyphotic lordotic posture as a balance mechanism. I have a KL posture with FH too and efforts to fix it went nowhere because I ended up developing a disc issue in my lower back. What help it are lower back extensions. So..

Ideal posture is a slight anterior tilt (not full on) per all the PTs and a decent lordosis with some kyphosis (flat thoracic spine means the scapula wing).

Gokhales book - I completely agree with you, are for the general population much and may not apply across the board. I did like her stretch lying stuff though. I wasn't quite able to implement it, but I do take care now not to flex my spine when sleeping.

We all seem to have picked up our own specific issues along the way.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote