View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Cleo,

That is a very tricky and delicate surgery. How long was your post op recovery and when did you notice improvement?

Just for others reading this.... Neuromas are a mass of nerve fibers and they form during scar tissue formation or nerve rejuvenation. These masses can adhere themselves to injured, infected or traumatized nerves. It is a very risky surgery to try to remove them as they often have to be peeled off of whatever they are attached to which could result in permanent nerve damage, etc.

Cleo, I am glad that you are okay!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Hi Byanna, I had a lateral adhesive neuroma removed off my lingual nerve 6 months post injury due to a botched molar extraction. I've never had a root canal. My surgery wasn't done at the OS's office, it was outpatient at a hospital. I'm no expert. I just live with one of those real life dental nightmares! There used to be a lingual nerve and inferior alveolar nerve damage discussion forum that I was on for about 10 years. A huge amount of medical negligence as you must know...

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote