Thread: Changing Meds
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Changing Meds

Just got a call from my Dr. and she says that she is sorry and that she found out she was giving me to much Lyrica according to the Lyrica guidelines here in Canada. As of yesterday I was taking 1200mg a day and the guidelines says no more then 600 mg a day. So she wants me to drop my intake starting today to 600mg for two to three days so my body gets used to the new dosage. Hell I can feel the withdrawl symptons after missing one dosage. I can only imagine what it will be like after missing 600mg for a few days. She said to take a few more hydromorphone pills to deal with the extra pain if any. Then she says she is putting me on gabapentine at 600mg a day and then will increase after that if necessary. She says with this drug she is able to increase the dosage quite high.

From what I have read here Gabapentine does not work well as your body gets use of the dosage real quick and needs to be increased to help with the pain.

This does not seem like a good solution.

Just ranting. Thanks

realized posted in wrong section and if someone could move to proper forum for me. thanks
tboots125 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-08-2015)